It’s also crucial for heart attack prevention, positive mood, mental acuity and anti-aging rejuvenation.
When I say circulation is the keystone to health, I’m not talking about the large long muscles that hog most (up to 90%) of the blood in the body during exercise.
That’s fine for building muscle but not for re-building all the other parts of the body. And it’s certainly not the most efficient way to burn fat contrary to popular belief.
- Oxygen is the fuel that burns the calories. In order to speed up metabolism, the body requires oxygen. Since total body mass is much greater than muscle mass, the more oxygen you can circulate to more cells the more fat you can burn.
- Electrolytes are the spark plug that ignites the oxygen. For efficient metabolism the body requires a specific ratio of ionic particles. Otherwise electrical activity is dampened as acidified pH of blood and cellular fluid disrupts electrolyte balance.
- Hormones and neural networks are the engine that drives the entire process. In order to steer the body in the direction of health the neuro-endocrine system has to be stimulated in a new way that opens up rather than shuts down circulation in the deep organs.
- Oxygen delivery depends on control of dilation and constriction. Since the circulatory system is a closed circuit, to get equal amounts of oxygen to every cell it’s necessary to control blood vessel diameter. Usually the default during exercise is dilation in muscle tissue and general constriction in the rest of the body. This is automatic unless you take over the controls with movement-specific design that follows precise natural laws.
- Electrolyte balance depends on control of temperature and ventilation. As blood vessels shut down with rising temperatures and breathing gets heavier, it’s a signal that steady state body pH has been disrupted and metabolic electricity dampened. To put yourself at the helm of compensatory mechanisms, breathing-specific design must fit the needs of each exercise so precisely there’s no discernible hyperventilation or hypoventilation at any speed, intensity or duration EVER.
- Hormone and neural triggers depend on control of deep body stimulation. Release of cortisol into the blood stream needs to be mitigated during exercise, otherwise inflammation accelerates pre-mature aging and slows weight loss ». Sequence-specific exercise design is required to balance the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems and trigger the release of all hormones (including HGH and leptin) in the proportions that open up circulation in both deep and superficial tissues.
Here’s what and when:
- Martial arts is perhaps best known for it’s ability to generate ionic energy in the body. There’s a traditional saying that “circulation goes where chi flows”. Qigong, Tai chi and the soft martial arts are conducive to raising metabolic rate without promoting overheating and hyperventilation, however it takes great patience to develop enough skill to balance all the neural and endocrine factors. Therefore this modality is more appropriate for life long learning.
- Yoga and Pilates are famous for aligning and stimulating the spinal segments by working the core muscles. Movement of the vertebrae stimulates neural plexus and subsequently the corresponding endocrine plexus and hormones, however here again it takes many hours of practice to perfect and accomplish these goals. Therefore yoga and Pilates are appropriate for classes taken two or three times a week with a master teacher of the modality.
- Body’Fit pHx is a new exercise modality at par with the discovery of Pilates, yoga, and martial arts, that can be learned in 21 days at one session per week or online » in the comfort of your own home. By compressing neural, endocrine, and pH factors into 7-14 minutes, pHx™ produces a flash of oxygen, electrolytes and hormones throughout the body very fast. This modality is appropriate if time, space, and convenience are a priority; try pHx first thing in the morning within a few minutes of waking up (something I don’t recommend for any other fitness modality for reasons sited above).
In the context of systemic circulation, weight loss then becomes a marker for disease prevention, for regeneration, and for making more money and living a better life too »
Currently Body’Fit pH Fitness™ (short form… pHx™) isn’t available to the general public, please contact Meta Living Design for details.